Next generation pavement marking management tool that measures retroreflection and automatically saves key data.
Designed for use in the field, the StripeMaster 2 Touch measures the retroreflectivity (RL) of glass beads embedded in white or yellow thermoplastic, traffic paint or temporary marking materials.
An intuitive, touch-screen interface leads to faster measurement times and the retroreflectometer features easy data export for comprehensive documentation and tracking. Uploading collected data to a computer is easy with USB or Bluetooth connectivity.
The included data integration software exports the data in CSV, KML, XML and Shape-file formats for maximum compatibility with most GIS databases.
Progressive Data Management
The StripeMaster 2 Touch is equipped with an internal GPS, Bluetooth, ambient temperature thermometer, humidity hygrometer and printer. The internal memory has the capacity to store more than 25,000 measurements.
A full color touch screen and user friendly menus make recording measurements fast and easy. Operators can attach installation dates, thickness, bead types, material types, color, pavement types, location and more directly to the readings. This reduces the need to match up data later.
Measurements can be made in 0.2 seconds and the instrument is ready for the next measurement in less than 2 seconds. This means the user spends less time on the road, which increases worker safety. The SM2-Touch can measure profiled markings up to 0.59 inches (15 mm) in height.
National Standards Lab Traceable Calibration
The SM2-Touch comes with a standard reference and calibration tile calibrated in our world-class photometric lab. The calibration is directly traceable to the American national standards lab, and the equipment used is held to the level of accuracy to ensure compliance with ANSI/NCSL Z540-1-1994 and ISO 17025. The calibration standard allows for measurements of white and yellow pavement markings without the need for recalibration.
- ASTM E1710 and EN 1436 compliant
- Repeatability within +/-2%, Reproducibility +/- 5%
- Measures retroreflectivity of white and yellow pavement markings
- Measures flat and profiled markings up to 15 mm on dry, wet or continuous rain surfaces without additional attachments
- Light weight with lockable, rotating handle for easy use and convenient trigger height for single hand operation that minimizes operator fatigue
- Top-mounted color-TFT LCD permits direct viewing of readings
- Stores up to 25,000 data points with removable flash drive for easy data transfer and standard USB/wireless Bluetooth computer interface
- Complete remote operation, data acquisition and management software with mapping
- Two removable battery packs and one hour charger, eliminating any downtime
- Internal GPS and printer, data file formats saved in SHP, XML, KML and CSV format
- Measurements and calibrations are not affected by ambient conditions, no light trap required for calibration
- Calibration standard traceable to the USA national standards lab, microprocessor controlled calibration with auto-zero
- Stabilizer supplied for rough surface situations and removable wheels for extended measurements
- Foam-lined watertight, indestructible carrying case that fits behind standard pick-up truck bench seat