S.M.A.R.T Retroreflectivity Readings at Highway Speeds
Simple Measurement Acquisition for Retroreflective Technology
- Adaptable– Quickly and securely mounts to almost any vehicle utilizing a cinema grade, leg mount with vacuum cups and safety strap
- Simple Operation– Self aligning and calibrating measurement, utilizing automatic motorized height adjustment and leveling, all from the power of a standard 12v power outlet
- Affordable– Mounts to existing fleet vehicles; wireless control with Android, iOS, and Microsoft tablets and computers; data is stored in an on-board, removable USB flash drive
The Laserlux® G7 Mobile Retroreflectometer (LLG7) is the newest and most versatile vehicle mounted retroreflectometer for pavement markings. RoadVista is the pioneer of mobile retroreflectivity measurements and testing, having developed the first Laserlux® mobile retroreflectometer under a grant from the U.S. Federal Highway Administration more than 20 years ago. RoadVista has been able to leverage that success, compiling input from our large customer base to develop the simplest to use, most automated, instrument in the world.
The LLG7 system quickly mounts to almost any vehicle, records more than 400 measurements per second and features software that works on any device with a Wifi connection and web browser.
In addition to traditional retroreflectivity measurements, the LLG7 also has optional capabilities to measure the retroreflectivity of pavement markings in the near-IR to more closely determine how many machine vision cameras used in driverless autonomous vehicles will “see” the line. It also has the optional capability to measure the retroreflected color to make sure your white and yellow pavement markings fall within the prescribed color boxes for night-time color.
- Squid Mount™ vehicle attachment system provides versatile and secure mounting on most any vehicle.
- Secure Wifi Operation and onboard data storage allows for near wireless function aside from a single 12v power cable outlet to the vehicle.
- Exclusive laser system records 400 measurements per second ensuring continuous coverage of the lines.
- Compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows tablets and computers
- Wireless video camera with streaming overlay recorded and synced to the data stream
- Data is stored in a removable USB flash drive – Don’t waste time downloading your data and videos at the end of the day. Just take the flash drive with you and plug it into your laptop.
- Counts and records Raised Retroreflective Pavement Marker (RPM’s) presence and measures retroreflectivity values in the CEN 30-meter geometry.
- Fast, Easy, Accurate Calibration – completely self-contained with no need to measure distances or find level ground.
- Measures and records the width of the stripe.
- Nighttime Color Measurement – the first ever mobile retroreflectometer with the capability to determine if your white and yellow stripes fall within the designated ASTM or CEN night time color boxes
- Near-IR Retroreflectivity – measures the retroreflectivity in the near-infrared region used by many vehicles with lane departure warning systems and self-driving autonomous vehicles.
- Upcoming: Measure and record skip line lengths and spacing
|Geometry||ASTM E1710 and CEN 30 meter|
|Entrance Angle||88.76° ± 0.01° (ASTM E1710)|
|Illumination Angle||1.24° ± 0.01° (EN1436)|
|Observation Angle||1.05° ± 0.01° (ASTM E1710)|
|Observation Angle||2.29° ± 0.01° (EN1436)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-7 to 45°C (20 to 113°F)|
|Operating Humidity Range||5 to 95% R.H. non-condensing|
|Measurement Distance||6 meters (19 feet, 8.22 inches)|
|Measurement Width||1 meter (39.4 inches)|
|Measurement Rate||400+ measurements per second of a line|
|Longitudinal Resolution of Measurement||Better than 3 inches at speeds up to 100 km/h (62 mph)|
|Wireless Control via any PC, Tablet, or Smart Phone||iPad, Android, Windows, etc.|
|Vehicle Platform||Mounts to almost any vehicle using removable mounting bracket|
|Size||10” X 10.5” X 20”
(255mm X 265mm X 505mm)
|Weight||Less than 12 kg (26.4 lbs)|
|Additional Readings||Measures and counts Raised Pavement Markers (cat eyes, road studs, RPM’s)|
|Measures double lines individually with separate RL values for each line|
|Measures the night-time perceived pavement marking line width|
|High Definition video recording|
|Options||Near-IR retroreflectivity measurements|
|Night-time color measurements of white and yellow pavement markings|