Ensures a cost effective, safe, absolute means of meeting the minimum retroreflectivity requirements for traffic signs. Captures measurements for any type of retroreflective material and measures to ensure compliance with MUTCD minimum retroreflectivity requirements.
The RoadVista model 922 is a handheld sign retroreflectometer designed for use in the field. It is designed to measure the retroreflection (RA ) of road signs and other materials.
In January 2008, the second revision of the MUTCD was released. It introduces language establishing minimum retroreflectivity levels that must be maintained for traffic signs. By January 2012, all agencies must implement a sign assessment and management program. The RoadVista model 922 is an integral component of any program to maintain minimum retroreflectivity levels.
Since a significant portion of the vehicles on the road in the USA are now SUVs and pickup trucks, ASTM has issued a new specification to require measurements to be performed at an observation angle of 0.5 degrees. The 922 is the perfect instrument for this addition. Utilizing the ASTM standard “annular” geometry, the 922 measures observation angles of 0.2 and 0.5 degrees simultaneously, with an entrance angle of -4 degrees. This patented (US Patent# 7,961,328) design allows you to know, with the press of a button, exactly how bright your sign will appear to most drivers. Plus, the annular geometry means you will not have to take an average of two measurements with prismatic-type materials, further simplifying the measurement process. A European version is available with a standard 0.33-degree observation angle and +5-degree entrance angle.
The sensitive light sensor meets ASTM E1709 and ASTM E2540 requirements with the CIE standard human eye response in conjunction with the CIE illuminant “A” lamp. Our world-class photometric filter fit is unmatched by the competition and allows extremely accurate measurements of other colors using the single white reference standard with no correction factors.
- Measures signs to ensure compliance with the new MUTCD minimum retroreflectivity requirements
- Measures all types of retroreflective materials with a single measurement
- Meets ASTM, CIE & DIN specifications
- US Patent# 7,961,328
- Utilizes annular measurement geometry – no averaging of measurements on micro-prismatic material necessary
- Dual observation angles of 0.2° and 0.5° for simultaneous measurements
- Measurement time is less than 1 second
- World-class photopic-corrected detector and source “A”
- Requires only one reference standard without any correction factors
- Self-contained commercially available battery
- Digital liquid-crystal touch-screen display
- Built-in GPS
- Made in the USA