Ensures a cost effective, safe, absolute means of meeting the minimum retroreflectivity requirements for traffic signs. Captures measurements for any type of retroreflective material and measures to ensure compliance with MUTCD minimum retroreflectivity requirements.
The RoadVista model 922 is a handheld sign retroreflectometer designed for use in the field. It is designed to measure the retroreflection (RA) of road signs and other materials.
It is the industry-leading and best solution for ensuring a cost effective, safe, zero error means of meeting the MUTCD, and other, retroreflectivity requirements of traffic signs. The user-friendly 922 comes standard with internal GPS, Bluetooth, barcode reader, Pelican™ carrying case, two rechargeable batteries, data integration software, and expert customer service. The touch-screen interface is designed with the field operator in mind so they can quickly get all the sign information recorded. The layout is simple and intuitive allowing the operator to quickly scroll through signs, add or adjust comments, or check GPS satellite connectivity while spending less time. Retroreflection measurement time is less than 1 second after the trigger is pulled, making the 922 the fastest retroreflectometer available.
Whether you’re an expert at database management and GIS or not, the 922 has you covered. The software included with the 922 allows for easy data management in Excel spreadsheets and Google Maps without further software investment. Or just as easily prepares your data for upload into your GIS software. Built-in Bluetooth allows field engineers to send the data directly to Trimble® handheld units or similar while the built-in Barcode Reader and GPS makes adding retroreflectivity readings to existing inventory management systems easy.
In addition, we offer an optional 922 extension pole with wireless infrared remote control which enables workers to take overhead sign measurements without the use of a bucket lift truck or bulky ladders.
With three variations of the 922 to choose from, the instrument is fully compliant with ASTM E1709 and ASTM E2540, EN 12899-1, DIN 67520, and EN ISO 20471. Our world-class photometric filter fit is unmatched by the competition and allows extremely accurate measurements of other colors using the single white reference standard with no correction factors.
- Measures signs to ensure compliance with the new MUTCD minimum retroreflectivity requirements
- Measures all types of retroreflective materials with a single measurement
- Meets ASTM, CIE & DIN specifications
- US Patent# 7,961,328
- Utilizes annular measurement geometry – no averaging of measurements on micro-prismatic material necessary
- Dual observation angles of 0.2° and 0.5° for patented simultaneous measurements
- Measurement time is less than 1 second
- World-class photopic-corrected detector and source “A”
- Requires only one reference standard without any correction factors
- Self-contained commercially available battery
- Digital color-TFT LCD touch-screen display
- Built-in GPS
- Made in the USA